Rockies vs Mets Expert Prediction, 7-28-2016
vs New York Mets
Game Time: Thursday July 28th, 1:10pm EST
Odds: Mets -190, O/U 7
Projected Starters: Tyler Anderson vs Jacob deGrom
Colorado visits New York for a four game series beginning today at 1:10pm EST. The Rockies swept the Mets in a 3 game series in May. Rockies vs Mets expert prediction provided by Sports Investor Central.
The Rockies start Tyler Anderson (3-3, 3.56) in this game. He has won three straight starts. Last time out, he allowed three runs and eight hits over six innings against Atlanta. Anderson has held opponents to three runs or less in seven of his eight starts this season and has walked two or fewer batters in seven of his eight starts.
The Mets are entering a stretch of playing 17 of 20 games at home and it comes at an important time. New York is 5.5 games behind Washington for the NL East lead and currently sit 3rd behind a surprising Miami team. New York is also 1.5 games out of the Wild Card lead.
The 2015 Rookie of the Year, Jacob deGrom (6-5, 2.73), gets the start for the Mets. deGrom is coming off one of his worst starts this season, allowing five runs and 10 hits over 3.2 innings in a loss at Miami. deGrom took a no-decision on May 15 in Colorado, allowing three runs and four hits over 6.1 innings.
Rockies Betting Trends:
- Under is 3-0-1 in Anderson’s last 4 starts following a Quality Start in his last appearance
- Under is 3-1-1 in Anderson’s last 5 starts overall
- Under is 14-3 in Rockies last 17 road games vs. a right-handed starter
- Under is 16-5 in Rockies last 21 road games
- Under is 20-7 in Rockies last 27 road games vs. a team with a winning record
Mets Betting Trends:
- Under is 4-0 in Mets last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing record
- Under is 5-0-1 in Mets last 6 games vs. a left-handed starter
- Under is 22-4-1 in Mets last 27 after allowing 5 runs or more in their previous game
- Under is 14-3 in Mets last 17 when their opponent allows 2 runs or less in their previous game
- Under is 10-1 in deGroms last 11 starts following a team loss in their previous game
Pick: Under 7
Smart money here is on the total, Under 7. DeGrom rarely has bad back-to-back starts so I expect a strong outing here. He has a 2.45 ERA this season at Citi Field. Meanwhile, in two road starts this season, Anderson has held opponents to just eight hits over 11 2/3 innings. The trends indicate a win on the Under.